Assorted thoughts and content from the world of video games!

Assorted thoughts and content from the world of video games!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Now Playing

Just yesterday got Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it is pretty awesome! As is anything with the current generation Batman. It captures the dark and moody theme of the two most recent movies and makes a good licensed game. Everything 3 hours in feels great, combat feels as the name suggests (freeflow) and the finishing blows are suitably brutal. He moves with grace (gliding) as well as with gadgetry (grapple). Then there are the riddles which are the collectible goodness that adds more fun to it. I can't wait to play more of it.

At the same time I got Yakuza 3, a pretty good looking open world beat em up, it seems alright after an hour with it. The combat seems pretty neat and the characters and story relatively interesting.

Just a week ago I started playing Red Dead Redemption, which is pretty amazing. And no, it isn't just GTA with horses, it feels like much more than that, at least to me. It is an amazingly well fleshed out world that constantly impresses and sidetracks you, and John Marston as a character has really grown on me. Annoyingly I've gotten a bit sidetracked from it with those 2 other games but I will try and play some of all of them this long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment