Assorted thoughts and content from the world of video games!

Assorted thoughts and content from the world of video games!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Too many games!

As was evident in a previous post, I just got and have barely started playing 3 new games (RDR, Yakuza 3 and Batman: Arkham Asylum) but there are two more that in the next month I will almost definitely have to buy.

Super Mario Galaxy was an awesome game to play through, and continued the tradition of awesome 3D Mario platformers (though some say Sunshine was a disappointment, I thought it was one the best games of that generation). From all the reviews I've seen Galaxy 2 is meant to be god-like and looks near certain to be Game of the Year for a lot of people. It has been thoroughly praised, and somehow has been seen to greatly surpass the original. Which playing through again has made me want the sequel even more. Currently 50 starts into my Luigi play through (you can play through the game again as Luigi after collecting all 120 stars) and it is as fun and amazing as I remember it being the first time around. All of this adds up to making the excruciating wait until July 1st all the more painful. It's surprising that Australia still has to suffer with abysmal waiting periods for top quality games. Considering Nintendo is probably the most successful gaming company right now, and Galaxy 2 their biggest game to date, it is unfortunate they haven't lifted their poor standard. I guess that's just what happens when you are a small, out of the way country like Australia and considering how good their games generally are they can afford to get away with it.


The other game that has been getting rave reviews that I simply must have is Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker. Having only become acquainted with the wacky and at the same time ultra serious world of MGS this year, any MGS game now for me is a must have. But, going back to the problem of too many games, I still need to finish MGS1, which I was actually really enjoying, until I reached the fatal moment of ridiculous back-tracking. As soon as I realised I would have to go back all that way to get a sniper rifle I knew I needed a break from this game. It is even more ludicrous considering that the boss merely waits for you to get it, even though they have a hostage. Ah well, I'll try and ignore this and finish it, then I can buy Peace Walker and put off playing other games!

No comments:

Post a Comment